• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 19, 2021

    Madden NFL This is what Madden is now

    Madden NFL This is what Madden is now


    This is what Madden is now

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 01:17 PM PST

    Madden ‘07 features

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:30 AM PST

    So glad to still see this happening after 5 years

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 09:41 PM PST

    EA purposefully makes it so you can't skip the slideshow after a loss, change my mind

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:25 PM PST

    This is not a conspiracy. I swear to fucking god they make it unskippable so you have to wallow in absolute rage just for another 10 seconds.

    submitted by /u/FaZe_Lenin
    [link] [comments]

    Aaron Rodgers might have thrown this just a little too hArd

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 03:36 PM PST

    Some of the craziest stats I’ve ever seen in Franchise mode

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:08 PM PST

    Had no idea DeAndre Hopkins played for Tennessee, thanks madden!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:14 PM PST

    My coach must have a lost a bet wearing this to work

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 08:13 PM PST

    EA is very lazy

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    I'm playing madden 21 franchise right now and one of the announcers just said: "As the Coach looks forward to Super Bowl 53"

    submitted by /u/nato906
    [link] [comments]

    I mean... Im just saying

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:10 PM PST

    NCAA 14 to Madden 21 Export Draft Classes (Xbox Series X) by Badger 8th

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:16 PM PST

    Like many of you, I really enjoyed the fictional draft classes made by the community, but I've noticed a dearth of available classes for Series X, and Shotcallers is awesome but it's over there on Playstation. So, this year I've decided it's the perfect chance to take a stab at it myself. As soon as I post this write-up, I'll make the first class available on Xbox Live, and you can download it and (hopefully kindly) let me know what you think!

    I'm far from an expert when it comes to analyzing college players, and so the question is how do I make up a draft class when I've never done it before and still avoid implicit and explicit bias when it comes to selecting player skills and traits, and make sure there's a realistic balance of schools? How do I make sure the class fits into a Madden franchise without upsetting the balance and keeps things realistic without over-inflating ratings? Also, how do I come up with an interesting season narrative and keep things fresh, following the rise and fall of different schools?

    The answer: By letting NCAA 14 make all the decisions for me.

    What I've done is use the current OS Community roster for NCAA 14, Simming a season as close to realistically as possible, and using the draft data in NCAA to then transfer over to Madden for a draft class. This isn't a perfect solution and involves a great deal of me writing things down in Excel and moving it over, but after probably 20 hours or so of work I'm pretty happy with the result. I'm using mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty tool so that players declare early more frequently, so while the class doesn't resemble the real life one coming up in April exactly, I've still taken a lot of steps to make it authentic.

    The big idea here will be that while the first couple classes will be all real-world players, over time it will gradually and seamlessly transform into a fictional draft class system. My current goal is to make it to at least 5 classes, we'll see how much easier this gets as I get faster with it. Ten would be awesome, but I'm trying to keep my sanity, as much as I love making them, I still have a full-time job and other things going on.

    I'll attach a link to the draft spreadsheet for this class. The sheet will give you, among other things, a list of top 100 players, a brief breakdown on the top 25 teams and who won conferences and bowl games, and then a detailed breakdown of the all the players in the class.

    I've created all 450 players, including undrafteds. For all players you'll see height/weight/age and also info like what the player's architype was in NCAA 14, at a bare minimum.

    For all players projected in the 1st-7th rounds, I did the following:

    -Projected round is based on what NCAA's Draft Results page said, it's not possible to make it 1:1 due to how NCAA populates draft results, but I got it as close as it would let me (also changing a player's projected round in Madden's draft class menu is a HUGE pain in the ass)

    -Position, Name, School, Height, Weight, Type is a direct carryover from NCAA.

    -For Age, since a lot of player's birthdays are not publicly listed I just did a simple approximation: 20 for RS sophomores, 21 for true juniors, 22 for RS juniors and true seniors, 23 for RS seniors.

    -Each player has a section to tell you if they won any awards or were selected to All-American or All-Conference teams. These may or may not be hints toward things like higher ratings or dev traits.

    - At the end of each player's line is a brief scouting report on their skills, based on their NCAA ratings. This is what I used to create their ratings in Madden as well, based on what Madden recommends in the player edit screen. For example, if a player in NCAA has a 99 in a category, you can bet I went and set that skill in Madden on the Elite tier, plus or minus a few points for variety.

    -I also did a number of equipment edits, they aren't exact, but I tried to use Google Image search to match each player's helmet to what they're currently using in college and if they used a certain sleeve type or arm pad consistently I tried my best to replicate that.

    -For skin color I got it as close as I could, if a player had dreads or long hair I tried to get that in as well. If I made any errors here please let me know and I'll correct it.

    -As for the undrafted players, in the interest of time I did a simpler process of making sure Name/School/Age/Number/Height/Weight/Skin color and just called it good. Undrafted players will not have ratings or equipment edits.

    -The big question, how to decide dev traits? Well, what I did was keep the same AMOUNT of dev traits in each position group, and just move them around a little bit. You'll still see more star/SS/X towards the top of the class, but I made sure to sprinkle some sleepers in there, with the production and scouting notes hopefully hinting where they are as a reward for the diligent GM. This is something I would definitely appreciate feedback for, but I am hesitant to over-inflate the class so I'd like to keep it as close to stock as I can.

    So, the drawback to using this method will be if you like hyper real and authentic classes. I know there will be a few negative aspects which I can address below:

    -I have no doubt some of you are going to download the class, and the first thing you'll do is flick to the QB section, and say "WTF, where are Zach Wilson and Trey Lance?" Well, Zach didn't declare yet in my NCAA dynasty, so he'll be in the 2022 class. And since NCAA 14 is just D1 FBS, there's no North Dakota State players or other FCS guys. These are just two examples.

    "Player X is going to be a day one pick, why do you have him in the fourth round?"

    -I have no doubt some of you will scoff at how players have been ranked, as we're about to start getting into the NFL offseason and since the OS community rosters date back to earlier in 2020 before the college season began, players have emerged as stars and thus the NCAA roster this class is based on won't reflect that. To these people, all I can say is I'm sorry, this was always more about getting to the fictional classes regardless and so I'm just trying to get it as close as I reasonably can *without* just ignoring NCAA and making it from scratch. Again, scouting college players and projecting where they'll get picked is not a strength of mine, I'm leaning on NCAA to help make those calls for me.

    That being said, if I did make any mistakes regarding skin color, or if I completely missed a player's position being changed or something like that, I will correct them if you let me know, I don't want that to be mis-represented. Any significant mistakes regarding measurements or equipment will be corrected as well, if people want, but if it's a nitpicky thing I will probably just let users resolve that.

    Constructive feedback is always appreciated. This is my first attempt at this, so what more are you guys looking for regarding the spreadsheet? Do you want to know more info about that college season, and if so, what do you want? I'm keeping multiple save files on NCAA 14 as I go, so I can always go back and look up more data if needed. I thought about making a returning players page to preview the next upcoming class, but if so, what do you want that to look like?

    I'm still waiting for the March franchise update to begin my solo CFM, so my hope is to at least have 2-3 of these complete in the next two months. If there's positive reception I'll keep going. I sincerely hope that you guys give it a try, I would be ecstatic if even one person tried them out and enjoyed them. If you read this whole post, thanks so much for hanging in there, I'll post the first class down sheet down below, and you can find the class itself on Madden as the following:

    NCAA2021V1 by Badger 8th

    Here is a google drive link to the spreadsheet:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NTb2tY49kjhUn_JAnwm5HnzDQWP_02BR/view?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/Badger_8th
    [link] [comments]

    Madden needs to be better.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:18 PM PST

    I've played maddens for many years. I'm starting to get exhausted playing their same game every year. EA is very lazy in a lot of areas. I don't know why & how they got so lazy. Why can't Madden have a similar franchise season to how NHL is? Their face of the franchise stinks too. I know recently Star Wars games steered away from EA for some future titles. What are the odds Madden follows? I wouldn't mind 2K making the madden games. As consumers how do we help fixed a beloved game and tell EA to get their ish together?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/FuzzyUno
    [link] [comments]

    Let's all just pretend like I meant to do that

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:07 PM PST

    Got a free 14 day trial of Xbox Game Pass with my new controller. If anyone with an Xbox wants it you can be the first to grab and use this code. I don’t have any use for game pass.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 08:45 PM PST

    Jaguars Franchise Week 16

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 08:36 PM PST

    Major suggestion.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:15 PM PST

    Fix the damn game

    submitted by /u/XvRAB1DvX
    [link] [comments]

    Madden Arcade

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 01:36 AM PST

    Quick question because it's nostalgic for me, do you guys remember Madden Arcade? The 5v5 game? Honestly I loved that game so much and I would do anything for a remake with roster updates! Would you guys play that again?

    submitted by /u/HeatCanesFinsfan
    [link] [comments]

    Madden 21 Franchise (Fantasy Draft) looking for good comp - Week 6 2020 Season 28/32 teams taken

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:53 PM PST

    XB1 madden 21 CFM (friendly sim style)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 12:24 AM PST

    I'm currently running a fantasy draft CFM that's already been drafted that has plenty of vacant teams for users, and I'm starting another fantasy draft CFM that hasn't been drafted yet with award incentives each season. If you are interested in either please dm me or comment. Only thing I ask is to be committed or engaged and to communicate with me if any problems arise

    submitted by /u/Jett9285
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to fix this problem? Every shotgun play, lines up under center basically then has to back up. PS5

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:21 PM PST

    Have you guys ever returned the ball and scored on a onside kick play without using sliders?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:31 PM PST

    Looking to play an old madden game

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 11:26 PM PST

    I'm looking to play an old madden game, I don't have any but a friend has all of them dating back to 04. What I'm essentially looking for is not completely crappy graphics, a deep franchise/dynasty mode and great gameplay. My biggest thing though is the deep franchise mode. I was leaning madden 12 or 25 but wanted to hear from the community. Those of you still playing the OG games what should I do? Thanks y'all

    submitted by /u/lakepost3
    [link] [comments]

    Lombardi? That you?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 11:12 PM PST

    Who Should be the Madden 22 Cover Star?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 11:12 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment